If you’ve never worked with a telemarketing company before, it can feel pretty intimidating to start out. Of course you want the biggest return for your investment. But, in order for that to happen you need to know exactly what results you are looking for from your telemarketing campaign.
We’d like to help you avoid the headache that can come along with finding the perfect telemarketing service for your company’s needs. So, we’ve compiled these five common mistakes that clients make when choosing a telemarketing firm.
1. You don’t have a clear vision of your audience. Going into a business relationship with a telemarketing firm, this is one thing you need to be clear on. Don’t go in expecting the firm to know who your target market is. Know your stats, do your research. In order to move forward with confidence, you need to be able to give the telemarketing firm that you choose an accurate description and qualified leads for your target audience.
2. You don’t know your position in the market. Who are your competitors? What are your company’s strengths, and how can you build on them? Before setting up a meeting with any telemarketing company, these are questions you must ask yourself in order to get the best results out of your campaign.
3. You don’t do enough research. Vet the prospective companies just as you would a prospective employee. Do your research and get references. Actually follow up with the references, too. Find out what their primary strategy is in landing the sale. What do they do to get their customer’s attention?
4. You don’t get to know your sales team. This is so basic, but also so overlooked. These people will be the voice of your company, representing everything you have worked hard to build and maintain. Make sure they have the experience needed to boost your sales and create the connections that would most benefit your company. Whether you are selling B2B or B2C, you need to make sure the telemarketing team representing you is qualified with experience in your field. Here at Rampart Marketing, we specialize in both B2B and B2C services.
5. You didn’t ask their focus. Ok, so you may know where you stand in your market, but what about the telemarketing company you’re researching? Do you need straightforward sales, or a company with consultative sales experience? Calling someone and directly selling them a product has a different skillset than calling an executive for a high end service. Consulting sales are more complex – sales members need to dig deeper into the companies they are calling, get to know the structure of the company, and assure that they are connected with the right person to make the sale. Figure out which one you need, and then start contacting telemarketing firms.
We hope in sharing these mistakes, you are able to have a clearer vision going into your search for the perfect telemarketing firm to run your campaign.